- Legal information
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Contact information: Email address: email@example.com
- Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data) - Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Usage Data - Information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Website) and the details about the path followed within the Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
User - The individual using this Website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
Data Subject - The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Controller (or Owner) - The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
This Website - The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
Service - The service provided by this Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this Website.
European Union (or EU) - Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
- Types of Data collected and Legal basis
- When you are registering an account, your username, e-mail address and gender will be used to create a user account. The legal basis for processing is consent (GDPR Article 6, Clause 1, subparagraph "a").
- When you are filling out “Contact Us” section, your full name, e-mail, message subject and your message will be used to reply to your message. The legal basis for processing is consent (GDPR Article 6, Clause 1, subparagraph "a").
- We may process your personal data for the fulfilment of the requirements of the GDPR, if you have submitted a question about the processing of your data or wish to exercise any of the data subject's rights provided for by the GDPR. Processed personal data: first name, last name, address, e-mail address, in case of electronic submission also identification information. Legal basis for processing: fulfillment of a legal obligation and the legal interests of the controller (GDPR Article 6, Clause 1, subparagraph "c" and subparagraph "f");
Personal Data is freely provided by the User when using this Website on the legal basis of consent, which means Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes.
Data requested by this Website is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Website to provide its services. In cases where this Website specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as contacting the User and sending emails using mailing list. Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
- Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Real Peeps takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to The Real Peeps, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by The Real Peeps. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Transfers of Data
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with The Real Peeps using the information provided in the contact section.
The Real Peeps may store, process, and/or transfer personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) (including countries where the European Commission has not made a decision of an adequate level of protection of personal data), especially to servers in the United States.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Real Peeps may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
- The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by The Real Peeps. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time.Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data.Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data.Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification.Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data.Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed.Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller.Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint.Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to The Real Peeps through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
If user has any issues regarding data processing done by The Real Peeps, user can send request to competent national data protection authority.
- Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by The Real Peeps in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from The Real Peeps at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, The Real Peeps shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Latest update: August 1, 2022